The OPTIFLUX 4400 electromagnetic flowmeter (EMF) is developed in accordance with IEC 61508 for safety-related applications up to safety integrity level (SIL) 2/3. It features automated partial proof testing capabilities, which allows to extend the time interval between full proof tests and increase plant uptime in safety instrumented systems (SIS).
Product features and options depend on device configuration: Contact us to make sure that your preferred functionality can be combined in one device.
- Automated partial proof testing capability for extended full proof test intervals
- Integrated conductivity measurement
- Enhanced diagnostic package:
- Compliant with NAMUR NE 107
- Diagnostic test interval incl. fault response time of only 2 minutes: alert issued if meter runs out of spec
- Detects gas bubbles, solids, electrode corrosion and deposits on the electrodes, conductivity changes, an empty or partially filled pipe, a disturbed flow profile, external magnetic fields, etc.
- Redundant data storage
- Real-time clock for logging events
- User-friendly coloured display for status indication
- Ease of installation and device set-up:
- Optimised device menu: reduced menu items for quick commissioning
- Available with "virtual reference" option: cost-saving installation without grounding rings (in non-SIL applications)
- High measuring accuracy and long-term stability: measuring error of only ±0.2% of measured value ±1 mm/s
- Wide range of liner and electrode materials
- Approved for use in hazardous areas: ATEX, IECEx db eb
- Field device verification of flowmeter with the OPTICHECK Master and OPTICHECK DTM service tools, e.g. for partial proof test documentation acc. to IEC 61508